2.01.2009

I'm asking myself ...what's an old 'desert rat' doing in all this ice and snow???

I love our new home in Parowan but sometimes I wonder what I'm doing here. As we arrived at the church last Sunday, someone called out to us "careful of the black ice." Being grateful for the warning, I carefully planted my heel 'safely' on the pavement and proceeded to exit the car ... right down on my arm and knee. How embarrassing, especially when I was warned!


My arm ...























My arm after black-ice!











This is Old Faithful ... old indeed with over 200,000 miles but oh so faithful! My little BMW doesn't like the snow and ice, so this is what I drive on those 'bad' days. I went out to go Visiting Teaching Wednesday, but Old Faithful wouldn't budge ... seems the back tire was deeply imbedded in ICE. I proceeded to take a shovel and pick at the ice for about 3o minutes, but making no progress and feeling like a failure, I finally gave up and went inside. After a few minutes of rest and deep thought ... I decided to take a big bucket, fill it with hot water and hopefully finish loosening the ice I'd chipped away. Surprise, it worked, Old Faithful came through again and I must admit I was very proud of myself. Pioneer NO, but happy YES!


4 comments:

email and phone numbers said...

OUCH!

those pics make me cold just looking at them!

The Anderson Family said...

Aunt J, I am so sorry to hear that. You can always come back to the sunny Las Vegas.
I hope your arm gets better real soon!

Melissa Anderson said...

Oh Aunt J-Your arm looks like it kills! I am so sorry. You know I often ask myself why I moved to somewhere it snows. It just makes life harder! I hope your arm and knee are ok.

Barbara said...

Hope this finds your arm better!I do not know why your daughter felt I needed a blog...it is 2 am all I did was comment on the fact I could not get on her blog therefore I could not read (maybe stalk is a better word) yours or anyone else on her list! At that point she said I had to make my own blog!!!!! I have really enjoyed reading yours over the last few months....you do a wonderful job!!!