I'm always amazed at teenagers, especially boys, and their fascination with mud. Dylan and three friends, along with Mark as chaperone, spent a very muddy weekend with us in Parowan. We had lots of melted snow, which translates to lots of red mud ... fortunately the conditions proved to be perfect for them to have a really great time. I met them at the garage door each time they returned from a ride and made them strip down before I'd let them into the house. They rode four wheelers, a rhino and drove the land cruiser until everything was out of gas and covered with as much mud as possible. I was impressed when they even made the clean up look like fun! Mark and Dylan (left), grandpa (right)
My mother was a young girl from Bunkerville, working in Las Vegas at a drug store on Fremont Street in 1941. My father lived in Las Vegas but he was serving an LDS mission at that time, so his mother and sister took it upon themselves to hand pick his future wife ... my mother. It worked !!! They married in the St. George temple about 6 weeks after he returned and were married 49 years at the time my mother passed away...
1 comment:
Looks like a FUN weekend for the boys!!!!
It was sure fun to see you guys last weekend.
Post a Comment