5.17.2009

Celebrations ...

I love my FAMILY ... they take such good care of me!! KelliKaitlyn and Brandon drove to Parowan to celebrate my birthday on April 8th. They brought a yummy Bundt cake, balloons, gifts and their party spirit. It was so much fun!! I also had phones calls from my other kids, many of my friends and extended family. Thanks to all for making my day extra special:)  
George arrived on Thursday and we celebrated again with dinner at Milt's ... it's not Joe's Stone Crab (my favorite) but we'll do that when we're in Las Vegas.  Rick joined us Friday night and Blake drove down from Provo with his friend, Ali, on Saturday. We were all VERY excited to meet her and we were not one bit disappointed. She fit right into our craziness, joined in our games and conversations, and we really enjoyed spending time with her. 


Of course, whenever we have family visit we find a project or two that needs to be done. (I hope that won't stop them from visiting!)  Rick is always a willing worker so he tackled hanging the BAT HOUSE with George assisting. Bats are everywhere in Parowan in the summer and they love to live in the eaves of the house. I found this crazy BAT HOUSE, it's suppose to attract bats so they'll live in the bat house and not in the eaves of our home!!! I'll let you know how they like it.  Rick and George also did some repair work on the ATV, but most of the weekend was just having fun. 


Sunday was Easter ... time to pause and reflect on the incredible blessings of the Atonement in our lives. I am so grateful for my  Savior, I feel His love. I'm grateful for His sacrifice and the gift of the resurrection. We love our Summit ward ... it's very small, but very spiritual. The speakers were good, the program was well planned ... it was a wonderful day. 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You guys have some birthdays together! Hope your day was fun. We are coming up for Memorial Day. I want to come see you and your new house!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! YOu have a pretty awesome family!

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

Happy happy birthday. how fun!sounds like you had a good birthday. Blakes girl is a cutie, they make such a cute little couple. Did Uncle George find the place in Cedar to get the carne asada?

Kelli said...

I can't believe I missed your birthday. Happy Belated!!! Looks like you are all settled in and loving life. I miss you ton's.

Kelli❤ (Huntsman)

Unknown said...

I love that you have a blog!!! Love you Aunt JoEllen!!! :)

The Anderson Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday, aunt J!!! Sounds like you had a great birthday!!!!! How fun to have Kelli's family there.